Jun 9, 2020
Hey there, I urgently need to record something from my TV and do not have time\money to invest in an actual capture card, and one of my friends suggested using an Aux cord and connect it to both my TV and PC. Now, I did connect them both and practically no sound came from either devices, I am totally lost and in desperate need of help with this topic. I have a Razer HP laptop

Jun 9, 2020
Unless the TV has an audio OUT, you can't.

Where is the TV signal coming from? If a cable/sat/fiber box, that almost certainly has an audio OUT.
I really don't understand in this topic, but I did a quick google search and I guess my TV does have an audio OUT. It's coming from a FiberBox

Jun 9, 2020
What is the make/model of the TV?

And what, specifically, are you wanting to record and why?
Uhh, It's a Toshiba plasma TV [I would like to reiterate and say that I'm a complete noob at this so pardon me if I look like a fool right now] And all I need is to record the audio of some show. I tried plugging my headphones to the TV's jack and I could hear it perfectly. I just need to figure out how to actually record this audio

USAFRet

Titan
Uhh, It's a Toshiba plasma TV [I would like to reiterate and say that I'm a complete noob at this so pardon me if I look like a fool right now] And all I need is to record the audio of some show. I tried plugging my headphones to the TV's jack and I could hear it perfectly. I just need to figure out how to actually record this audio
Does your laptop have a MIC input port?

Jun 9, 2020
How did you "record" this audio?

In the sound settings, did it show any input level as you were setting it up?
okay another update: I managed to be able to record the sound from the TV, but it comes out really noisy and garbled, like an old broken radio. Could it be because I used the Windows voice recorder app?