[SOLVED] Power button doesn't power off but powers on the system

Aug 8, 2020
I can get my system to power on with the case power but not power off. Also the button is suppose to light up but it ain’t.

I have a
Case: NZXT H510 mid tower atx
Psu: Thermaltake smart 700w 80+ white
Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Asus GeForce Gtx 1660
Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 16gb (8x2)

Also, my cpu came with a bent pin next to one of the four holes which allow you to place your cup into the motherboard. That’s not normal is it?

I’m new to building pcs sorry if I ask dumb questions.

I tried holding down the power button, but the only way I can power it down is directly turning off the psu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermaltake smart 700w 80+ white
That's one PSU that I do not see as a PSU, more like a n expensive paperweight.

You might want to see if flipping the connector terminals on the front panel helps revive the LED on the power button. Also, you should take note of the polarity of the pins that go onto the front panel for your motherbaord(with respect to the case). There's an arrow to indicate that the pin is +ve.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermaltake smart 700w 80+ white
That's one PSU that I do not see as a PSU, more like a n expensive paperweight.

You might want to see if flipping the connector terminals on the front panel helps revive the LED on the power button. Also, you should take note of the polarity of the pins that go onto the front panel for your motherbaord(with respect to the case). There's an arrow to indicate that the pin is +ve.

Solution
As mentioned, polarity (having + and - connected correctly) would affect the light working or not, but not the function of the switch for power.
Also, have a look at this.. Windows 10 has a similar setting:

Aug 8, 2020
@dudio The thing is the cpu arrived with a bent pin, so I sent it back for a replacement. I still have yet to receive the new cpu, therefore could not connected it into my monitor. Also, I have a windows 10 operating code.