Power supply required for SLI gtx 560 ti

hasnol

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
i plan to add one more gtx 560 ti hawk in my system..

i already have 600W Corsair CX600 V2 for my single gtx 560 ti hawk..

so, which is the best PSU to support my new system?

-can give recommendation about the other brand to..

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gtx-560-ti-hawk-review/7

213 watts is the power draw for a single card. You'd be close with 600 watts but since it is a Corsair you should be just OK. What else are you running? Any overclocking? If you are OCing the CPU or GPU the power draw might be too much. At stock speeds you should be fine.

Two reference 560 Tis in SLI pulls nearly 300 watts. The Hawks would likely pull around 380 watts, which should give plenty of wattage for the rest of the system...

For a system using two reference design GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 52 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For two factory overclocked GeForce GTX 560 Ti my minimum recommendation would be the Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 (CMPSU-750TXV2), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with two GeForce GTX 560 Ti in 2-way SLI mode.

Guru3D doesn't measure their maximum power draw when using FurMark or some equivalent GPU stress testing utility anymore. If you never run FurMark then the +12 Volt continuous current rating of 52 Amps will be sufficient. If you do run FurMark, for whatever reason, then you will need a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps or greater if you don't want the PSU to shut itself down because the OCP gets tripped.

NvidiaNerd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
hello i have something similiar to this, i currently have 1 pny gtx 560 ti oced from 822 to 850 (not much) the one that consumes 169 tdp based on the chart that pacioli posted and i want to run another one with a 600 watt corsair psu would my system be able to handle it