[SOLVED] power surge display not supported now.

Hello everyone today I'm having a problem with multi display.

Right now I have two monitors in my rv, one being a tv, the other a actual monitor. They were both working no problems after resetting my pc and botting in the desktop. I did all the updates to win 10 and my graphics card, after which everything was working great. Yesterday though I had a power surge and it shutoff the pc when I turned it back on though the monitor booted and would post just fine. However the tv is no longer posting, and is flashing not supported now. The way I have my pc setup right now is the tv is plugged into a sound bar out port, the pc is plugged into the sound bars in port. This was working just fine till the power surge. Now I am unable to figure out how to get ot to display again, again was working before the power surge. I havent tried plugging the tv straight into the graghics card yet because they don't reach eachother hincse why I'm using the sound bar as a extender the thing is the the sound bar is still getting audio just not sending display right I guess, but why would it just stop displaying all of a sudden it works no peoblems when I unplug the pc and plug in a blu-ray player.

Specs on this system Are,
Asus 990fx r2.0
Fx 8350 be liquid cooled
2x8 16gb hyperx fury ram ddr3 1866mhz
60gb boot ssd
120gb steam game ssd
250gb battlenet ssd
500gb storage drive
1tb mix drive games music random things
2tb random drive
Rx 560 dual fan 4gb oc'd edition r2.0
750w evga gold rated psu
Tp-link archer t6e

My working monitor right now is a acer x223w plugged directly into the gpu. The other monitor is a rca flatscreen 32in tv, plugged into a samsung j series sound bar, which is plugged into the gpu, and is still recoving audio

Last edited:
Solution
so i figured out part of the problem, i fried one of the hdmi cables. However i'm still having a slight problem, when i use extended display it works no problems. But now when i set it to duplicated display, it still goes to not supported and when i look at the reslution now it's at 1680x1050 however the tv is a 1366x768 and with the last hdmi before it fried did this no problem. but now that the hdmi is switched out it is bouncing between 1440x1080 to 1680x1050 and refuses to let me set a custom to 1366x768 but agin before the power surge it worked no problems.
so i figured out part of the problem, i fried one of the hdmi cables. However i'm still having a slight problem, when i use extended display it works no problems. But now when i set it to duplicated display, it still goes to not supported and when i look at the reslution now it's at 1680x1050 however the tv is a 1366x768 and with the last hdmi before it fried did this no problem. but now that the hdmi is switched out it is bouncing between 1440x1080 to 1680x1050 and refuses to let me set a custom to 1366x768 but agin before the power surge it worked no problems.

Last edited:
Solution