Jul 9, 2020
We recently had a power outage followed by a power surge, a high spike which knocked both our TV and cable box completely out, fried them. My PC was connected to the system as well through a power strip but I also have other high electricity consuming items connected such as my air purifier, PC, Monitor, and also personal Air Conditioner. It was connected to the power strip and the strip to the wall. They suffered no damage what so ever from this. My PSU is a FSP 650 Watt Dagger Gold 80+. it has some built in features. Whats crazy is I observed no damage what so ever, not even software based. I have yet to run any tests but I am here typing, listening to music and playing games with ease. My flat screen TV, and cable box fried, but my computer setup blessed? There has to be an explanation, could it be with all connected that it dispersed to where it wouldnt be as harmful as it should have been... I have OCP, OVP, SCP, OPP, OTP on my PSU. I also have a 144 Hz Asus Gaming monitor, i have an air purifier and also personal AC on the same circuit and everything is acting like nothing happened but it was plugged into the wall. It makes no sense and I am quite curious as to how my setup was spared but out entertainment center got fried. Could it be the circuitry in the home? Idk. I wish for some kind of answer. Even though no harm was done I still wish to know so I dont become unlucky next time.

Solution
Just a follow up.
What I thought was a regular power strip this whole time thinking jesus blessed me turned out to be a surge protector with bold ****ing letters saying "SURGE PROTECTION". I solved my own mystery. Continue on.
Jul 9, 2020
Just a follow up.
What I thought was a regular power strip this whole time thinking jesus blessed me turned out to be a surge protector with bold ****ing letters saying "SURGE PROTECTION". I solved my own mystery. Continue on.

Solution