Poweredge400SC & Win XP

eb

I am trying to install Win Xp on a 400SC.
The Driver disk that came with the machine refers to win2000 etc.
If anyone has installed XP on this machine, would you please inform me,
where I can get drivers for the following wrt XP:
Chipset.
Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Universal serial Bus (USB) Controller
Thanks in advance.

You'll need SP1 for full USB 2.0 support. The other drivers, you can get
from support.dell.com - download the ones for a Dimension 8300 or OptiPlex
GX270 (basically the same system board).

"EB" <ebellety@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I am trying to install Win Xp on a 400SC.
> The Driver disk that came with the machine refers to win2000 etc.
> If anyone has installed XP on this machine, would you please inform me,
> where I can get drivers for the following wrt XP:
> Chipset.
> Ethernet Controller
> Multimedia Audio Controller
> Universal serial Bus (USB) Controller
> Thanks in advance.

400sc answers:

http://www.aaltonen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8&sid=7642faeba1dfbece116af7a0486a6bad

"EB" <ebellety@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<4epac.44438$2p4.3363@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
> I am trying to install Win Xp on a 400SC.
> The Driver disk that came with the machine refers to win2000 etc.
> If anyone has installed XP on this machine, would you please inform me,
> where I can get drivers for the following wrt XP:
> Chipset.
> Ethernet Controller
> Multimedia Audio Controller
> Universal serial Bus (USB) Controller