[SOLVED] Powerline Adapter Causing Loss Of Wifi From Router

Apr 25, 2021
I've got a router with a short cable connected to a TP-Link AV 600 Powerline Adapter, which is plugged into the wall.

When the Powerline Adapter is plugged in, the wifi speed from the router drops to zero. As soon as I turn the Powerline Adapter off, the wifi speed goes back to normal.

I've tried different Powerline Adapters, TP-Link TL-PA211 and TP-Link TL-PA511, and the same thing happens.

I've tried using a different plug socket, resetting the adapters, resetting the router...nothing seems to work.

I did manage to get it to work for about an hour and then the wifi speed dropped to zero again.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Solution
The paired unit is connected to another router. At the moment I've got a 30m cable connecting both routers (had to give up using powerline adapters!). Did a bit of reading last night and changed channels and other settings on the 'paired router' and all seems to be fine...just got to try it with the powerline adapters next.
If that second unit is connected to the LAN port on the second router, you could have a DHCP server conflict. Make sure you have the DHCP server DISABLED on the second router.

kanewolf

Titan
I've got a router with a short cable connected to a TP-Link AV 600 Powerline Adapter, which is plugged into the wall.

When the Powerline Adapter is plugged in, the wifi speed from the router drops to zero. As soon as I turn the Powerline Adapter off, the wifi speed goes back to normal.

I've tried different Powerline Adapters, TP-Link TL-PA211 and TP-Link TL-PA511, and the same thing happens.

I've tried using a different plug socket, resetting the adapters, resetting the router...nothing seems to work.

I did manage to get it to work for about an hour and then the wifi speed dropped to zero again.

Any ideas what the issue could be?
Does it do this even if the paired powerline unit is not plugged in ?

Apr 25, 2021
The paired unit is connected to another router. At the moment I've got a 30m cable connecting both routers (had to give up using powerline adapters!). Did a bit of reading last night and changed channels and other settings on the 'paired router' and all seems to be fine...just got to try it with the powerline adapters next.

kanewolf

Titan
If that second unit is connected to the LAN port on the second router, you could have a DHCP server conflict. Make sure you have the DHCP server DISABLED on the second router.

Solution