XxMcFlyxX

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I am deciding whether or not to invest into a wireless PCI card or a powerline adapter for my new Desktop (GAMING ONLY)

Situation:
(1) For the next four month, I will be staying at a basement where the router will be on the second floor. (so 2 flights up)
(2) The house looks old, but the landlord said she recently increase the house's electric line to 200 AMP
(3) I will be using the same internet with 6 other people

Requirements:
(1) Play games like PlanetSide 2 without issues.
(2) I don't care about transfer rate/second. I just need a constant and non-interupted transfer/second (For games). This means I am not looking something like "dragging a 10GB file to my desktop from another computer with in the network)

Thanks

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Wireless antenna on most things assume the data travels horizontally. Going vertically they don't work as well.

Power line things are a gamble. Many houses they work great in other they totally fail. It really depends the path the electric wires need to follow between the 2 devices. It can vary greatly, things with small motors like hair dryers or vacuum cleaners cause issues if they are plugged into the same circuit.
If they work you will likely get much better performance than you would with most wireless. Pretty much pay a little more and buy them from someplace you can return them if they do not work.