Jun 7, 2022
I've been using these Edimax powerline adapters (HP-5101ES and HP-5102) to get an Ethernet connection to my PC as it's in a different room to my modem. They used to have the typical speed for my Internet, but recently have slowed substantially. The 5101ES is connected to the modem, and the 5102 is in the other room where my PC is.

So what speeds are you considering "typical". Powerline units the manufatures like to tell lies about the speed. You know they are intentionally being deceptive when they put a 500 number of the unit but only have 10/100 ethernet ports.

With AV500 most people only see 30-50mbps.

Powerline networks you have almost no tuning or things you can change. It is the standard make sure the unit is plugged directly into a outlet do not use extensions or power strips. You can try other outlets in the room but that seldom works. You might have some new device in your house interfering. These are hard to find, if you are desperate you turn the power breakers off for every room but the 2 that have the powerline units. You then turn them on 1 by 1 until you hopefully find the circuit that cuases the problem.

You might want to consider MoCA adapters if you have coax wire in both rooms. There are more advanced powerline units with numbers av1000 or av2000 that use different technology than av500 but all can have issues if something is interfering.