Solution
I wanna play minecraft on a potato 😂

Do you think can put different ram in it?
Absolutely. 8GB will be fine for now, but you can easily add another 8GB stick later. Upgradability is kinda hurt by there only being 2 RAM slots and only one taken, but you can pick up either another stick of TeamGroup 8GB DDR 3000 later, which I really recommend as Ryzen love dual channel RAM, or pick up a DDR 3200 kit of whatever size you want and just replace that stick that is in it. Thankfully RAM is a LOT less expensive than it has been.
Prebuilts are usually an ok way to go. Not as customizable but they generally perform well. Most enthusiasts will preach building your own with a fierceness, but there isn't really a reason to force yourself to.

This system is a good mainstream gaming system so you should get good performance on the games you want to play. Minecraft will run on a potato, but you'll have enough power to run any game on max settings at 1080p.

Reactions: xxthomas94

xxthomas94

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019
Prebuilts are usually an ok way to go. Not as customizable but they generally perform well. Most enthusiasts will preach building your own with a fierceness, but there isn't really a reason to force yourself to.

This system is a good mainstream gaming system so you should get good performance on the games you want to play. Minecraft will run on a potato, but you'll have enough power to run any game on max settings at 1080p.

Absolutely. 8GB will be fine for now, but you can easily add another 8GB stick later. Upgradability is kinda hurt by there only being 2 RAM slots and only one taken, but you can pick up either another stick of TeamGroup 8GB DDR 3000 later, which I really recommend as Ryzen love dual channel RAM, or pick up a DDR 3200 kit of whatever size you want and just replace that stick that is in it. Thankfully RAM is a LOT less expensive than it has been.

Solution
The reason to build your own is you can usually get better quality for the same or lower price. In a gaming pc the psu is very important, not an area that should be skimped on but is usually an area where pre-built pc builders cut corners and will use something just good enough to cover the warranty period.

Reading the comments that pc comes with a single 8gb stick of RAM. This is a huge corner cut and terrible for a Ryzen cpu as it will significantly impact performance, any knowledgeable builder would not do this so this company are either clueless or cutting corners is important to them. Saying you can add another 8gb later comes with some risk of issue, mixing RAM bought separately even if same make and model can have issues, RAM ideally should be bought as a matched kit so for example 2x4gb or 2x8gb to avoid issues.

Jul 25, 2019
Building can be quite scary at first however, It comes with it's perks as when you start building a PC you can make it to your liking, do some research, help get some recommendations, get more bang for your buck, and in the long run know more about your PC so when you run into any problems you'll be a little more prepared to face them.