Precision M60 - digital audio output??

ws

Hello everyone,

I have a DELL Precision M60 with a
I realized that the cable I got with the machine has several outputs:
S-Video, composite video, and also "digital audio" (according to the
piece of paper attached).

It is too good to b etrue, but I'll ask anyway: is there a way to
connect this output to an amplituner (home theatre) and get 5.1 sound?
(or AC3 for divx?)

It would be too much, I am affraid :)

Thanks,
Wojtek

Looking through the specs on their website implies it is a standard (stereo)
line out.

You could use the Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX USB2 sound card. Comes with a
remote too.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2NX/

Tom
"WS" <wsw70@wp.pl> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a DELL Precision M60 with a
> I realized that the cable I got with the machine has several outputs:
> S-Video, composite video, and also "digital audio" (according to the
> piece of paper attached).
>
> It is too good to b etrue, but I'll ask anyway: is there a way to
> connect this output to an amplituner (home theatre) and get 5.1 sound?
> (or AC3 for divx?)
>
> It would be too much, I am affraid :)
>
> Thanks,
> Wojtek

Just realized. Even the cheaper ($50-60) mp3+ external supports digital out.

Toms