[SOLVED] Price my computer!?

Solution
The market here in Atlanta for used computer equipment is tough.

I just looked on eBay and various models of that card are available from $180 to just under $400. Sold ones seem to be sitting between $2-300. If someone was interested enough in that card, and considering the level of the remainder of the equipment I would think something like MAYBE $550+/- a little, maybe. I honestly don't know if I could Craigslist it as built and get that, here.

The motherboard is low level/office type. You have one stick of RAM which would hurt if you were looking at the sale from a gaming slant. The F skew CPU is worthless to a degree without the above mentioned valuable part. Your SSD is small, and the HDD is run of the mill and readily available...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
During normal times I would say about 50% of what you paid for it.

Right now, the GPU is a valuable aspect of it, even if a mid to low level card. If you didn't have an F CPU I would have suggested parting it for all you can get, then sell the rest.

Jul 29, 2021
During normal times I would say about 50% of what you paid for it.

Right now, the GPU is a valuable aspect of it, even if a mid to low level card. If you didn't have an F CPU I would have suggested parting it for all you can get, then sell the rest.
Okay but how much you would pay for it?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

I just looked on eBay and various models of that card are available from $180 to just under $400. Sold ones seem to be sitting between $2-300. If someone was interested enough in that card, and considering the level of the remainder of the equipment I would think something like MAYBE $550+/- a little, maybe. I honestly don't know if I could Craigslist it as built and get that, here.

The motherboard is low level/office type. You have one stick of RAM which would hurt if you were looking at the sale from a gaming slant. The F skew CPU is worthless to a degree without the above mentioned valuable part. Your SSD is small, and the HDD is run of the mill and readily available cheaply. It's not IMO a system that someone would build outside purely budget driven decision when considering "gamers".

It would be a far better indicator for you to search your local market and see what similar items are selling for, if you can.

EDIT- Just as an aside, the above pricing is pure conjecture since you don't list case, power supply, or specific models of the equipment. Consider the generic answer as VERY flexible based on details.

Last edited:
Solution

Remeca

Reputable

The motherboard is low level/office type. You have one stick of RAM which would hurt if you were looking at the sale from a gaming slant. The F skew CPU is worthless to a degree without the above mentioned valuable part. Your SSD is small, and the HDD is run of the mill and readily available cheaply. It's not IMO a system that someone would build outside purely budget driven decision when considering "gamers".

It would be a far better indicator for you to search your local market and see what similar items are selling for, if you can.

EDIT- Just as an aside, the above pricing is pure conjecture since you don't list case, power supply, or specific models of the equipment. Consider the generic answer as VERY flexible based on details.
Agreed, depends a lot on the market. Here in the GTA, a PC like that, based on the listed components and assuming half decent unlisted components, would be marketed as a gaming PC and probably sell for around $6-700CAD with the GPU, and around $400CAD without it.

YoIAmDashing

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
The system is good like others said your gpu is valuable. If I owned that computer I would sell it for 500-700 dollars. I would most likely have the starting price at $700 and if no one was interested maybe sell it for $600 then sell it for $500.