Question Prime95 Large FFT Test faild, what can I do to fix it?

csaba_vi

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
So I ran a Large FFT and a small FFT test each for at least 8 hours. I passed the small one and failed the large, with 2 workers stopped.
I thought that it could be the RAM, cause Large FFT stresses the RAM, but I have no idea what I can do to fix it.
I get often some short freezes during exploring in open world games. It only happens when Im exploring. Maybe this has to do something with it.

Please help if you can.

csaba_vi

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
List your PC specs!

It's worth testing your ram outside of windows with memtest86+ to see if your mem is stable at stock settings.

OK im will be testing my RAM with memtest.
My specs are: AMD Ryzen 5 2600/ 2*8 GB G.skill Trident Z (2400mhz) / Mobo: Msi Tomahawk B450/ RTX 2070/ 500 GB SSD from Samsung / PSU: Corsair Vengeance 650M (650 WATT)

And thank you so much for your help

csaba_vi

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Are you overclocking the CPU? If so, take it off, and try the Large FFT's again.

Also, are you overclocking the ram?

I am overclocking the CPU but not the Ram. I did Memtest and it hasn't found any problems. But idk how good Memetest is in comparison to Prime95. I also Noticed something New:
For Example in The Witcher 3, if I Have Ultra Graphic settings I get a lot of stuterring. If Low Settings I only get very few stutters. I also noticed that few things are very strange. Some objects (for example Trees) just pop up my screen witouth any fading and they dissapear immediately if I walk away. NPC also spawn or walk into eachother
Idk if this is My PC or just some Bug

Like i said, take the CPU OC off, and test again.

Memtest is the best way to test your mam, outside of windows. This ensures your ram is running as it should with no problems the OS may cause. You should run memtest overnight for at least 4 passes. Otherwise it can't be considered stable.

Since you OC the system, have you had many crashes? If you have had crashes, then your OS can become corrupt. This can also cause issues like your having. It may be worth thinking about re-installing your OS.

Tesr your mem fully. Take off the CPU OC and run the large ffts again.

csaba_vi

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Like i said, take the CPU OC off, and test again.

Memtest is the best way to test your mam, outside of windows. This ensures your ram is running as it should with no problems the OS may cause. You should run memtest overnight for at least 4 passes. Otherwise it can't be considered stable.

Since you OC the system, have you had many crashes? If you have had crashes, then your OS can become corrupt. This can also cause issues like your having. It may be worth thinking about re-installing your OS.

Tesr your mem fully. Take off the CPU OC and run the large ffts again.

Ok I will get back when Im done, I had some crashes 2-3 but not realy much

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

csaba_vi

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Ok I did the test and got this result: large ffts test failed and I passed the Memtest86 with all 4 passes. So I guess the next step would be to reset my OS. Because I passed the test outside of Windows and Failed it running on Windows. I have a cracked windows, so maybe this caused some issuses and it also crashed a few times. But now downloading Windows shouldn't be a problem cause its free.

Ok I did the test and got this result: large ffts test failed and I passed the Memtest86 with all 4 passes. So I guess the next step would be to reset my OS. Because I passed the test outside of Windows and Failed it running on Windows. I have a cracked windows, so maybe this caused some issuses and it also crashed a few times. But now downloading Windows shouldn't be a problem cause its free.
No, the next step would be to get rid of that unstable overclock.