[SOLVED] Prints are jumbled and stretched

Luke Garcia

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
ysp5V3.jpg
I work for an MSP. Solving printer issues is starting to make me bald. When my client is printing from WORD occasionally she will print something and the text will be jumbled, stretched and distorted. Whenever I remote in and do a test print, restart word, the usual stuff it starts to print fine. There will be a picture below as an example. I have to "fix" this issue every 2 weeks it seems like. The printer in question is a Kyocera "TASKalifa 3501i KX" and is a local printer not network. This is very odd and I would like some insight into this.
another thing, whenever this issue occurs the document itself will be messed up in WORD. So the printed page reflects the word document. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Looks to me like either Windows is getting force fed a font that it does not have, or the printer is getting forced to print in a font that it does not have.
Jan 9, 2019
Looks to me like either Windows is getting force fed a font that it does not have, or the printer is getting forced to print in a font that it does not have.

Solution
A printer cable that is too long can cause this, or a bad cable or port. If it's a USB printer make sure the cable is not longer than 6-10 feet. Past 10 feet USB becomes flaky. But you said this is what the document actually looks like? Does it look the same on all their computers?

Luke Garcia

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
A printer cable that is too long can cause this, or a bad cable or port. If it's a USB printer make sure the cable is not longer than 6-10 feet. Past 10 feet USB becomes flaky. But you said this is what the document actually looks like? Does it look the same on all their computers?
It does not look the same on other machines in the office. This happens periodically with different documents. Let me explain the process
Word document creation>print>PHYSICAL page is jumbled>Word document is now jumbled (Digital)
it is a very odd situation.

Ralston18

Titan
I am thinking corrupted font (per @dragaxx).

Note that the bold font is perfectly fine.

The rest of the mess appears, for the most part, that a "TAB" character/printer control code has been inserted between individual letters. E.g. "Telephone".

Look in Word to see what the default font setting is for that document.

Reinstall that font.

https://www.lifewire.com/installing-truetype-or-opentype-fonts-in-windows-1074134

However, if the fonts works and then corrupts again then the cause of the corruption must be fixed.

Try repairing or reinstalling Outlook

"sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt could resolve some issue.