Prioritize device on Zyxel router.

Oct 29, 2018
How do I prioritize my computer on Zyxel VMG4325-B10A router. I was able to enable QoS and I set "Upstream traffic priority Assigned by:" to IP precedence. I cannot find anywhere to put the IP address the I want to be the priority.

There is a different screen that you can put in ip addresses and then assign a ip precedence value to it. Not 100% sure since this varies a lot between routers.

It likely will make little difference I suspect. From a quick glance at the manual it appears you router like most can only limit UPLOAD traffic. This means your problem would have to be you were exceeding the upload bandwidth you purchase from your ISP. If you are not exceeding it then no traffic is being delayed and nothing need to be prioritized. It is must more likely your problem is over use of the download bandwidth. Technically there is no way to limit download traffic because the ISP has already discarded the traffic by the time your router is involved so it can't recreate that and drop something else. Some routers have some abilities to influence download traffic but your router does not appear to have the features you need.