[SOLVED] Privacy Error? - Any help would be appreciated

Aug 8, 2021
Hello, a few weeks back this error starting to pop up for beyond just me. Its everyone in the house that's using the WiFi, and I'm not sure why it does this half the time I google something or go to a website. This happens to PCs, mobile devices, etc. I called my provider and they told me to reset the router, as well as restart it. I did both and neither worked. If there is any other questions/info i could give to help this, I will be happy to help. Thank you guys for any help you guys have, Nate.

It wont let post the error photo/link to photo without this post getting cancelled for spam or inappropriate content. Its literally just a gyazo screen shot of the error. So I'm not sure what to do there besides type it out;

"Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from (insert website here) (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is (website here); its security certificate is from *.frontier.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, a few weeks back this error starting to pop up for beyond just me. Its everyone in the house that's using the WiFi, and I'm not sure why it does this half the time I google something or go to a website. This happens to PCs, mobile devices, etc. I called my provider and they told me to reset the router, as well as restart it. I did both and neither worked. If there is any other questions/info i could give to help this, I will be happy to help. Thank you guys for any help you guys have, Nate.

It wont let post the error photo/link to photo without this post getting cancelled for spam or inappropriate content. Its literally just a gyazo screen shot of the error. So I'm not sure what to do there besides type it out;

"Your...

kanewolf

Titan
"This error" isn't specific enough to help you. We need to know exactly what the error is. Maybe a screen capture if you have to.

kanewolf

Titan

"Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from (insert website here) (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is (website here); its security certificate is from *.frontier.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."
To post photos you have to use a hosting site like IMGUR Tom's doesn't host photos. Here is a how-to -- https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-post-images-in-tomshardware-guide.1845556/
In your example error, were you trying to reach a frontier.com website ?

This error is almost like you have a proxy or VPN. Do you have anything like that enabled ?
Any change you have made to "improve" security ? Any router setting you changed?
Have you done a virus and malware scan?

Solution