jay

hi im having a problem booting up windows xp on my new hard drive, it wont up
boot up without a windows 98 cd rom, if i use the windows xp cd rom then it
will start loading up the setup, someone said its because my cd rom boots up
first and then my hard drive, if this is the case how do i rectify this?
please help, thanks

Jay, if you don't have a CD in the then your system doesnt boot? Even if
the hard drive is last in the order it should still boot. Go into the Bios
and make sure that it's in the sequence.
"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi im having a problem booting up windows xp on my new hard drive, it wont
> up
> boot up without a windows 98 cd rom, if i use the windows xp cd rom then
> it
> will start loading up the setup, someone said its because my cd rom boots
> up
> first and then my hard drive, if this is the case how do i rectify this?
> please help, thanks

peter

Hi,

Try boot into the mobo BIOS and change the boot sequence that the HD with
the OS installed is the first boot device.

--
Peter