[SOLVED] Problem flashing bios MSI B550 Tomahawk

Dec 12, 2020
Well today I was building my new PC with a Ryzen 5 5600x and when I tried to flash Bios (with nothing more than PSU cables) the bios red flash just keeps blinking for ever, I did everything right, rename the file,format the usb and I'm having hours trying to fix this, anyone know why is this happening?

Solution
I have another R5 5600x and still the same light at cpu, so I don't really know what's happening, really frustrating
It sounds like your motherboard might be broken. If you have tried it with two different cpu's and they are both not posting its probably a motherboard issue.
Dec 12, 2020
I would need a bit more information before I can help fully.

Why are you trying to flash bios on first post? It should work out of the box.

When you say nothing more than psu cables, wat do you mean? Like literately only a psu attached to the motherboard. No gpu attached, no hardrives?

here is a msi guide that might help or give more information.

https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/MB_Boot_No_Display

I'm flashing because when I built the full pc was stuck on windows logo then i read that for B550 and R5 5600x I needed to update bios first and yes while flashing bios motherboard only have the ATX PSU cables and CPU psu cable, no RAM, no gpu no hardrives. Trying to flash without CPU
Edit: if I try to build everything the CPU motherboard LED turns on red

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I'm flashing because when I built the full pc was stuck on windows logo then i read that for B550 and R5 5600x I needed to update bios first and yes while flashing bios motherboard only have the ATX PSU cables and CPU psu cable, no RAM, no gpu no hardrives. Trying to flash without CPU
Edit: if I try to build everything the CPU motherboard LED turns on red
For how long have you tried to leave the light blinking. It should take a while before it will turn off signaling the flash is finished.

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I can't try that because when I build everything together the CPU led on the motherboard turns on red, so no display
Earlier you said you were stuck on the windows logo
Is not being able to get display a new problem?

The guide I linked to earlier says the following:
"CPU-LED lit on: please reinstall the CPU and check if there is bending CPU pins or other abnormal on the CPU and CPU socket."

There is no use in flashing the bios if you can't post because of a cpu issue. The bios shouldn't be the problem there.

Dec 12, 2020
Earlier you said you were stuck on the windows logo
Is not being able to get display a new problem?

The guide I linked to earlier says the following:
"CPU-LED lit on: please reinstall the CPU and check if there is bending CPU pins or other abnormal on the CPU and CPU socket."

There is no use in flashing the bios if you can't post because of a cpu issue. The bios shouldn't be the problem there.

I have another R5 5600x and still the same light at cpu, so I don't really know what's happening, really frustrating

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
It sounds like your motherboard might be broken. If you have tried it with two different cpu's and they are both not posting its probably a motherboard issue.

Solution