Problem upgrading ATI Multimedia Center

When trying to install an upgrade to ATI's Multimedia Center (from my

currently installed v8.8 to v9.06.1)
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
i always get the following error once the installshield wizard opens,

halting the installation:
"ATI Multimedia Center Error: Error 1316. A network error occurred
while
attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
Installations\{a
string of numbers}\MMC88.msi"
After I give OK to this error message a second merror message shows up

displaying:
"Feature transfer error. Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation.

Consult Windows Installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more
information."
This same error occurred with all previous upgrades to my current
installation v8.8.
Any suggestion to fix this?
Thanks.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try removing all MMC components then install fresh with version 9 or higher.
Also make sure you have all prerequisite programs installed.

"alegator" <alesmart2002@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> When trying to install an upgrade to ATI's Multimedia Center (from my
>
> currently installed v8.8 to v9.06.1)
> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
> i always get the following error once the installshield wizard opens,
>
> halting the installation:
> "ATI Multimedia Center Error: Error 1316. A network error occurred
> while
> attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
> Installations\{a
> string of numbers}\MMC88.msi"
> After I give OK to this error message a second merror message shows up
>
> displaying:
> "Feature transfer error. Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation.
>
> Consult Windows Installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more
> information."
> This same error occurred with all previous upgrades to my current
> installation v8.8.
> Any suggestion to fix this?
> Thanks.

Greg, I tried uninstalling v8.8 before upgrading to v9 but the same
error popped up. Should I manually delete the c:\windows folder
invoked in the error sign?
Thanks.

alesmart2002@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (alegator) wrote:

>When trying to install an upgrade to ATI's Multimedia Center (from my
>
>currently installed v8.8 to v9.06.1)
>https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
>i always get the following error once the installshield wizard opens,
>
>halting the installation:
>"ATI Multimedia Center Error: Error 1316. A network error occurred
>while
>attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
>Installations\{a
>string of numbers}\MMC88.msi"
>After I give OK to this error message a second merror message shows up
>
>displaying:
>"Feature transfer error. Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation.
>
>Consult Windows Installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more
>information."
>This same error occurred with all previous upgrades to my current
>installation v8.8.
>Any suggestion to fix this?
>Thanks.

My suggestion, YMMV.
Use Driver Cleaner Follow the readme instructions. Use the cab cleaner as well.
Then install Ati again.

Dennis