Question Problem with alienware m17x r3

Dec 14, 2018
Hi, I have a problem with the Alienware m17x r3. Just when I disconnect the dedicated graphics card, the laptop works normally and when it is connected it turns on for one second and goes off. What may be the problem? Recently, I was able to fire a graphics card and discovery card in bios. Later, I tried to install the GPU drivers, but the error was "something like no hardware found." The next day the laptop would not turn on.

Zer0b1ade

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Reactions: anciooo6

Zer0b1ade

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
lol go on sg...then to safe mode with network use ddu to uninstall all graphic drivers then try to install the dedicated again via installation disc that first came with your gpu

edit

oh I almost forgot ddu has the function of not letting windows update gtx drivers....enable that

Last edited:

Zer0b1ade

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016

try this you might need to disable windows signature management as well for the modified inf they provide.

edit

if you get the gtx to work I dont recommend upgrading the drivers unless you find another smilarly modified driver update which you wont get through nvidia. Good luck.

Last edited:

Zer0b1ade

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Intel HD 3000
Windows 10 installed the driver itself. Only the driver from the integrated card is installed
try the modified .inf and nvidia drivers see if they work. I believe the Intel can wirm
Intel HD 3000
Windows 10 installed the driver itself. Only the driver from the integrated card is installed

you can try running the inf file and the geforce drivers they should still be able to install even if your running the integrated graphics. if that dont work.

run ddu click the box that disable window driver update. switch ddu to Intel mode and choose the options to uninstall graphics drivers then reboot to safe mode, register the .inf file then install the geforce drivers see if they install, if they do reboot to bios switch over to dedicated, if you cant install drivers from safe mode you have to go to boot options again and this time disable windows driver signature enforcement then try the driver install.

Dec 14, 2018
When I was able to turn on the computer with the card in the device manager, it detected 2 cards: Integrated and basic microsoft graphics card

where to look for the inf drivers for GPU?

Zer0b1ade

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
When I was able to turn on the computer with the card in the device manager, it detected 2 cards: Integrated and basic microsoft graphics card

where to look for the inf drivers for GPU?

someone posted the links in the middle of the page. you should give it a read as well the guy has similar issues as your.

edit

opps wrong link sorry
here the right one

oh I was looking at the inf file and I would run the install with windows 8 comparability.

Last edited: