[SOLVED] Problem with Bios,4g decoding, windows 7 installation.How can i solve this?

georouv

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
I have a problem.I had some problems with windows 10,it was lagging when browsing the internet,and i was streaming also and i had problem with obs crashing a lot.So i tried to install a different OS.Linux i tried Linux Mint,Ubuntu,Debian but it did not comfort me a lot.And i decided to switch again to windows and windows 7.I had no problem until i tried to install the OS from the bootable usb, when the first screen showed up with the languages etc, and the install process of windows 7 started the keyboard and mouse stopped responding.I tried a lot of things,fix it ,i also tried editing a lot of stuff in bios too.Till the time i changed a value in a preference called 4G decoding or something like this , when i tried this , the menu of the windows 7 install showed again but this time with some weird patterns of colours like pc had hallucinations or something with again having the problem of keyboard and mouse not responding.But this time the problem is when i tried to restart the pc and taking the usb out or with the usb, the flash screen of bios and i do not have the option anymore to get in bios to change the option of 4G decoding or do anything.When i plug out the usb it just show up a black screen with a blinking underline,in which when i try to insert anything from the keyboard nothing is showing up.And when i plug in the exact usb again and restart the pc, is just showing up the weirdly colourful windows 7 installation screen with the selection of languages show up in which i cant proceed because the keyboard and mouse are not responding.Is there any action i could do at this point,anyone knows?Anyone i can do even pluging or unpluging any hardware to help it working? The motherboard is ASROCK B450M Pro4 with Corsair ddr3 16gb 2 modules 1600Mhz ,processor ryzen 5 2600,3 hdds ,1 ssd samsung 970 evo, i tried to install windows 7 professional.Thank you in advance!

Solution
Is there any action i could do at this point,anyone knows?
1st - go into BIOS and load safe defaults (or reset BIOS with jumper on motherboard).
2nd - to install windows 7, you have to integrate USB drivers into installation first.
Use Gigabyte windows USB install tool.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=b450&p=1

If you use USB flash drive, usb drivers are needed.
If you use usb keyboard/mouse, usb drivers are needed. Without usb drivers, no windows 7 installation is possible.

Only way to install windows 7 on modern systems without integrating USB drivers is, if you use sata connected dvd drive and PS/2 style keyboard and mouse.
Okay, enabling 4G decoding is only an issue if you are using 32bit version of windows. If you are using a 32 bit version, it will prevent you from booting. As far as getting into the BIOS, if you are having an issue, try a cold boot by unplugging your PC and then hold down the power button for about 10 seconds. Then plug your PC back in and start the PC and see if you can get to the BIOS. If you are not given the option to boot into the BIOS, tapping the f2 key should get your there.

When installing Windows your need to disconnect all your other drives except the install media and the target drive.

georouv

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
Can you double-check what your actual hardware is? A B450M Pro4 with DDR3 1600 MHz RAM is a physical impossibility, so something's not accurate here.
Aaa yea sorry haha i was not able to check this at that time.They are basically G Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB).They are 2 modules 2x8 GB. Thank you very much for your attention and time!

Is there any action i could do at this point,anyone knows?
1st - go into BIOS and load safe defaults (or reset BIOS with jumper on motherboard).
2nd - to install windows 7, you have to integrate USB drivers into installation first.
Use Gigabyte windows USB install tool.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=b450&p=1

If you use USB flash drive, usb drivers are needed.
If you use usb keyboard/mouse, usb drivers are needed. Without usb drivers, no windows 7 installation is possible.

Only way to install windows 7 on modern systems without integrating USB drivers is, if you use sata connected dvd drive and PS/2 style keyboard and mouse.

Solution