• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Problem with flickering (triple monitor setup, one with 144hz)

ropefly

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
I recently purchased a 144hz 1080p display and my god what a difference compared to my old 60hz TN monitor but aside of that.

Once my 144 is enabled, my other 2 monitors (both on 60hz) start flickering like once every 15 seconds.(at the same time).
If I disable my 144hz back to 60 it's gone but If I'm playing a game full screen on 144 the flickering is also gone.

It's only the 2x 60hz that flicker, never the 144hz.

Setup is a rtx 2070 with a ryzen 7 if that matters.
144 is connected with display port and the other 2 with hdmi(one with a hdmi to display connector because I only have 1 hdmi + 3x display on my GPU)

Off course I can always just simply disable 144 when not gaming but I assume there's probably a solution with settings or something that makes it flicker.

Ps: the flickering is a lot but not always, I think it usually happens after I played some games.
If I just boot up my pc there's no flickering(yet) but once it starts it won't stop unless I boot up a game and focus on the 144hz or until I disable 144hz

Edit: It's an msi mag241c display

ropefly

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
This is normal when there are several monitors running on different refresh rates. Never seen a fix for this, you can check with the video card vendor support and see if they suggest anything.
oh for real? lol guess manual swapping to 60/144 is the only solution then. Thanks for the info

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS