Question Problem with gaming laptop's igpu and dedicated gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkanorbert

Reputable
Oct 20, 2017
Hello everybody. So, I have this problem with my Asus TUF FX505-DT laptop. It has a ryzen 5 3550H processor, with integrated Radeon vega 8, and a nvidia gtx 1650. My problem is, that I installed the drivers both for the igpu and the dedicated gpu, but whenever I update the NVidia driver through NVidia experience the AMD drivers just crash with the Adrenaline software and everything threated to the igpu. Everything seems normal on the desktop, but when I start a game, for example FIFA 22, the game is vibrating, and it's only going away if I reinstall the AMD drivers and software. Is there a fix to stop this issue, or I simply never update the NVidia drivers?

patkanorbert

Reputable
Oct 20, 2017
on laptops use gpu drivers only from laptop manufacturer website, they are tailored for your hardware, nvidia/amd generic drivers wont have oem customisations in them
asus is one of those oems who keeps theirs drivers up to date, looking at your laptop, drivers on asus website are dated 15/06/22
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...phic_DCH_ROG_NVIDIA_Z_V30.0.15.1278_28163.exe
So now what should I do? Should I delete all the drivers both for AMD and NVidia, and then install the drivers found on asus' site?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No! Absolutely not. If you delete both, you lose video feed. Never delete igpu drivers. Software is one thing, drivers are entirely different beast.

Shouldn't need the Adrenalin software at all. You have a amd apu and nvidia gpu. The cpu does everything 100% of the time. The only time the gpu is used is when it detects heavy loads of 3-D, like games, and it's a supplemental processing, not the primary.

Deleting the nvidia drivers, sure, go ahead, but not the amd. Just delete the Adrenalin software and use the Asus driver package instead. It'll include updated drivers for both.

Reactions: patkanorbert

patkanorbert

Reputable
Oct 20, 2017
Okay, now everything seems to work fine, no glitching screen, or driver errors and crashes. The Adrenaline software is gone, Asus driver package is installed. It is a bit lame, because I used to use the Adrenaline software for games like CS:GO, to stretch the screen because I play on 4:3 ratio, and that helped me go fullscreen, but now with it gone, I can't find a way to do it, because on nvidia control panel, that got installed whit the asus package, I can't do the stretching because a lot of options are gone like the display and video settings, just because the cpu and the igpu are controlling these.

Okay, now everything seems to work fine, no glitching screen, or driver errors and crashes. The Adrenaline software is gone, Asus driver package is installed. It is a bit lame, because I used to use the Adrenaline software for games like CS:GO, to stretch the screen because I play on 4:3 ratio, and that helped me go fullscreen, but now with it gone, I can't find a way to do it, because on nvidia control panel, that got installed whit the asus package, I can't do the stretching because a lot of options are gone like the display and video settings, just because the cpu and the igpu are controlling these.
adrenaline can be installed, but preferably from asus aswell, its part of chipset drivers, install those and adrenaline should pop up
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX505DD/Chipset_AMD_APU_V27.20.22025.1006.zip

Reactions: Karadjgne
Status
Not open for further replies.