[SOLVED] Problem with gigabite ethernet

coonsky

Prominent
Dec 23, 2020
Hello. I have problem with my ethernet. So yesterday I got fiber optic 600mbps. After everything I go into speedtest sites and I want to check how fast is my download speed on my computer. Unfortunately my download speed was around 60 mbps. I checked my phone and same problem on wifi, So I turn off and on switch and somehow I got around 500 - 600 mbps download speed on pc and around 300mbps on phone. Today my pc again has got only around 70 mbps download speed but my phone is about 300mbps so I am sure that everything is fine with fiber optic. Any idea what can cause problem with my ethernet? Cable should be fine becouse It works so good yesterday. Ping is very good and stable (around 8 ms in my country).

Solution
What did you press the on and off switch on? The router or your computer?

If the speed fluctuates so much, it's likely 1 of 3 things.
Your providor's speed fluctuates alot
Your router is behaving weird
Or the fiber connection is shared between you and your neighbours, and you checked it in different hours of the day, in some of which your neighbours use more of the connection, and in some less.
What did you press the on and off switch on? The router or your computer?

If the speed fluctuates so much, it's likely 1 of 3 things.
Your providor's speed fluctuates alot
Your router is behaving weird
Or the fiber connection is shared between you and your neighbours, and you checked it in different hours of the day, in some of which your neighbours use more of the connection, and in some less.

Reactions: coonsky
Solution