Mar 25, 2024
So first of all, mine freshly build pc started acting weirdly after like 1 month.
It does look like the gpu randomly loses power after getting heavy load and for a second stops working, meanwhile the screen goes black and gpu fans starts going really fast (while browsing the web or doing simple tasks it doesn't occure). Restarting with a button on case fixes it for a short period of time. The problem is getting more freaquent after every restart.
There seems to be a lot of posts about this issue yet there's no answer. Those are literally new specs and stuff like this really worries me.

What I did:
- Downloaded newest drivers from geforce experience;
- checked for loose cables
- checked event viewer and reliability history: https://pastebin.com/XftKGiVM
- checked temperatures, seems fine

Don't know what else I can do.

edit 1: forgot to mention that I heaven't overclocked anything and that I lowered the gpu power to 75%.

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x
GPU: MSI Ventus 3x E RTX 4070 OC
MB: MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI
PSU: MSI A750GF 80GoldPlus
M.2: Lexar NM790 2tb
RAM: Lexar Ares ARGB 32GB (2x16) 6000mhz 30cl
AIO: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240
GPU stand: COOLER MASTER ELV8 ARGB
Case: MSI MPG Velox 100P Airflow ARGB

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024
can you try to use another video card and see if works? just for testing?
I do not have other gpu but I think I somehow managed to fix it, I think,
Firstly I "fixed" some system files (mostly dll) using app called "Fortect". This stopped the main problem, but another appeared (nvlddmkm). This time I didn't had to reboot the pc every time after the crash, because the drivers rebooted themselfs.
With this crashes stopped but now I couldn't run any app that used 3d cache because it crashed instantly.
Knowing this I messed a little in afterburner (underclocked gpu and set it's power to 50%), and I could finally run furmark but It was very sluggish and hard to control, however OS seemed fine.
So finally I removed the gpu drivers in device menager and rebooted pc, and it seems that this was the fix.
So far no crashes and everything seems fine. No more weird errors in event viewer.
However I'm not 100% sure if it's fixed so I will notify you if this problem returns.

tldr: Fixed the system files using "Fortect" then removed the gpu drivers in device menager. I think it's fixed.