Adonys112

Reputable
May 26, 2020
So i recently bought an MSI Pro B650M-P mobo, a Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU and 32GB DDR5 RAM.
Once I installed them the yellow dram and red cpu lights turned on and didn't want to post, tried all the solutions, tried all the ram ports with both of the memories and 2 different motherboards and sets of ram and cpu, when i returned my cpu mobo and ram to the seller he told me that the rig works except it doesnt work with that ram, but i tested with 2 different ram and it didnt post.

He tried with some kingston fury 16x2 4800mhz and it worked, while i tried with kingston 16x2 5200mhz and gskill trident z5 16x2 5200mhz and it didnt work, tried flashing bios with qflash but the msi motherboard which i listed up just continues to flash even after 30 minutes, anybody knows why does it happen? And no it's not the psu, my old pc which has ryzen 5 5600x works completely fine.

Lutfij

Titan
Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? They should ideally be populating slots A2 and B2. How are you cooling the processor? You should also inspect the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

As for your point with BIOS flashing, try updating the BIOS while you're in BIOS, armed with a FAT32 USB drive that has the latest BIOS version on it's root directory.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Reactions: Adonys112

Adonys112

Reputable
May 26, 2020
Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? They should ideally be populating slots A2 and B2. How are you cooling the processor? You should also inspect the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

As for your point with BIOS flashing, try updating the BIOS while you're in BIOS, armed with a FAT32 USB drive that has the latest BIOS version on it's root directory.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
Yeah problem solved, you are right, they need to be A2 B2, usually i put them A1 B1, and it works but this time it didn't, and it take an unusual lot of time to boot but after 1 minute the dram and cpu lights turn off and the pc boots.
I flashed my bios and i think that might've been the solution too, i don't know, but i know for sure that once i put the ram in A2 B2 it booted up, so thanks for the answer.
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
CPU cooler: Arctic Esports 34 duo
Motherboard: MSI Pro B650M-P
Ram: Kingston Fury Beast 16x2 5200mhz CL36
SSD/HDD: Western Digital SN750 2TB
GPU: Rtx 4080 Aorus Master
PSU: Asus Strix 850M
Chassis: Alphagear Oathkeeper
Monitor: Don't really know.