[SOLVED] Problem with PC startup and TPM errors

_Jurt_

Honorable
May 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

these past few days i have a particular problem with my pc. It started 3 days ago when i pressed the power button and nothing happened. So i tried again and PC started for a few seconds, then shut down an started up again, this time booting into windows fine. In the event viewer there was TPM event 15 and a lot of TPM events 27 + i have noticed that last day, some time after i turned it off, there had been an info event that said that the PC was woken from sleep. Otherwise everything was normal - no mention of BSODs or other errors.
So i clean reinstalled the TPM drivers and it was fine until today when i pressed the power button, PC switched on for a few seconds and then off. So i pressed it again and it again switched on, off and on again, then booted into windows with TPM errors and info event that yesterday PC was waken from sleep (i didnt have time to do anything on PC yesterday so it was not even on for the day). I again reinstalled the TPM drivers, but since it happened again, i wanted to ask for advice on what to do next, or what i should try to fix it.

My specs are:
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Master Z590
CPU: Intel I5 11600K (not overclocked, im kinda chicken when it comes to these things)
GPU: MSI 3080 gaming z trio LHR (again no overclock)
Memory: Adata XPG spectrix d41 3600 (just XMP profile on)
PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1200W
Windows: Win 10 21H2

Edit: added PSU brand and model

Last edited:
Solution
A failed boot will cause TPM errors even if TPM isn't the problem.
I would start with changing the mobo battery and resetting the bios to default settings just to rule that out as a source of failed boots.

Also check your update settings to see if it is set to receive updates outside of "working hours" and if that time corresponds with the time it woke from sleep.

_Jurt_

Honorable
May 16, 2017
Tbh i dont really know, i guess because it was enabled as a default? I have to say i only learned that TPM exists because of this error, still, all was fine untill this week.. :/

A failed boot will cause TPM errors even if TPM isn't the problem.
I would start with changing the mobo battery and resetting the bios to default settings just to rule that out as a source of failed boots.

Also check your update settings to see if it is set to receive updates outside of "working hours" and if that time corresponds with the time it woke from sleep.

Solution

_Jurt_

Honorable
May 16, 2017
Ok, ill start with the BIOS when i get home.
About the updates, the weird thing is that the PC doesnt actually wakes up physicaly - nothing lights up, fans or HDD dont spin, just the mesage in event viewer that was there both times when boot failed
Edit: I have reseted BIOS and so far so good, though so it may take a few days until a PC missbehaves again

Last edited:

_Jurt_

Honorable
May 16, 2017
Hello again. I think i have found solution to the problem. I have reseted BIOS as suggested above, but have also found that when i switch the speakers (Razer nommo pro) on before switching on the PC, there is high chance of the boot failure. But when i wait with the speakers, then everything works perfectly so far. And while this started happening only recently (as of my first post), there was also a Synapse update shortly before the trouble begun. So i think its the Synapse or the speakers driver somehow interfering with the fast boot. Thanks everyone for your suggestions though, knowing that TPM error can be caused by boot fail (rather than being the cause) is what got me there :)