[SOLVED] Problem with SSD running slowly

Oct 26, 2021
Hello everyone!

I will get right to the problem. I recently bought a PC from Shark Gaming, it has been running very nicely when gaming but lately I have encountered a few problems. When I start the PC Windows is very slow to boot and load all startup programs (I don't have many startups btw). When I look in the task manager during the first 10-30 minutes of starting the PC I can see that a process called "System" is taking up 100% of my SSD's space. This doesn't make any sense to me since it only uses around 0,2 - 0,8 mb/s tops and yet it equates to such a big portion of my SSD's usage.

I tried downloading "crystaldiskinfo" and according to this program my disk's health is at 87%.

Hardware:
SSD: Shark Gaming 1TB SSD 1024,2 GB SATA/600 | SATA/600
Processor: Core i7-10700F 4.8GHz
Grafics card: Geforce RTX 3070
Ram: Patriot 16gb

Solution

Yes optimize is set to run once a week.

I cant reach the sata cable without opening up the chassi, so ill try the other steps first.

Only interesting part in chkdsk log was: "Cleaning up 7715 unused index entries". No idea what it means but hopefully it fixed something.

sfc /scannow log says: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

UMB Link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47379121

Is it possible I can have a virus that is slowing things down? I am only using Windows Defender for virus protection. I tried running the full offline scan of my computer but nothing happens...
Hello everyone!

I will get right to the problem. I recently bought a PC from Shark Gaming, it has been running very nicely when gaming but lately I have encountered a few problems. When I start the PC Windows is very slow to boot and load all startup programs (I don't have many startups btw). When I look in the task manager during the first 10-30 minutes of starting the PC I can see that a process called "System" is taking up 100% of my SSD's space. This doesn't make any sense to me since it only uses around 0,2 - 0,8 mb/s tops and yet it equates to such a big portion of my SSD's usage.

I tried downloading "crystaldiskinfo" and according to this program my disk's health is at 87%.

Hardware:
SSD: Shark Gaming 1TB SSD 1024,2 GB SATA/600 | SATA/600
Processor: Core i7-10700F 4.8GHz
Grafics card: Geforce RTX 3070
Ram: Patriot 16gb
Post a screen shot of CDI.

Run this and post a LINK to the results page.
PC Benchmark

Here are the results:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47376731
CDI is not showing a problem.
UBM is showing your ssd is a little wonky.

Do you have optimize set to run on a schedule?
Reseat the sata data cable for the disk....both ends.
Run a pass of chkdsk with the R option.
Run a pass of sfc /scannow.
Read the logs to see if they found/fixed anything.

Run UBM and post a LINK to the results page.

Oct 26, 2021
CDI is not showing a problem.
UBM is showing your ssd is a little wonky.

Do you have optimize set to run on a schedule?
Reseat the sata data cable for the disk....both ends.
Run a pass of chkdsk with the R option.
Run a pass of sfc /scannow.
Read the logs to see if they found/fixed anything.

Run UBM and post a LINK to the results page.

I cant reach the sata cable without opening up the chassi, so ill try the other steps first.

Only interesting part in chkdsk log was: "Cleaning up 7715 unused index entries". No idea what it means but hopefully it fixed something.

sfc /scannow log says: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

Is it possible I can have a virus that is slowing things down? I am only using Windows Defender for virus protection. I tried running the full offline scan of my computer but nothing happens when I press run. If it could be a virus, will a complete windows restoration fix it?

Last edited:

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

Is it possible I can have a virus that is slowing things down? I am only using Windows Defender for virus protection. I tried running the full offline scan of my computer but nothing happens when I press run. If it could be a virus, will a complete windows restoration fix it?
Anything is possible so it's a matter of try this and try that.
Reseat that sata cable and also enable xmp in the bios.
If you suspect malware grab a copy of mbam and let it run a pass.

Solution