[SOLVED] Problem with Vram Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone.

As the title says, I think I have a problem with my Vram. I've searched everywhere, but I am not able to fix it.

I bought my pc a couple weeks ago, and I bought a game my little brother wanted (Monster Hunter World).

I read some forums beforehand and I thought it would work without a problem, but as soon as I enter the Graphics Option, it's all set on Low and it says "Vram Usage: 1.72 from 0.13 (or 0.31 I don't remember right now).

My specs are the following:

Intel Core i7 - 7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB
Running on Windows 10 64bits.

Obviously even the very first cutscene runs laggy as hell and looks terrible.

The requirements recommended for the game are the following

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz or Intel® Core™ i3 8350 4GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 570 (VRAM 4GB)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectSound (DirectX® 9.0c or better)
    • Additional Notes: 1080p/30fps when graphics settings are set to "High"

So I really don't get what the problem is. Maybe I have to do something I'm not aware of?

I looked everywhere and tried some things, like increasing the vram from the Bios, but it doesn't go higher than 1024mb (it was set on 64mb), and it doesn't change anything at all.

Any help or idea will be welcomed with open arms.

Thank you all beforehand.

Solution
Sounds like your video cable is connected to the wrong vga port. Have a closer look and make sure the cable is connected to the 1070 and not the motherboard.

Motherboard video port uses cpus igpu graphics. Your 1070's video ports would be further down the rear. If your case is a tower the ports would be aligned parallel.

Igpu is very slow in comparison and adjusting vram in the bios is only meant for the igpu which uses your main ram for video data so make sure you set this as low as possible.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like your video cable is connected to the wrong vga port. Have a closer look and make sure the cable is connected to the 1070 and not the motherboard.

Motherboard video port uses cpus igpu graphics. Your 1070's video ports would be further down the rear. If your case is a tower the ports would be aligned parallel.

Igpu is very slow in comparison and adjusting vram in the bios is only meant for the igpu which uses your main ram for video data so make sure you set this as low as possible.

Solution
Jul 4, 2019

Oh my God.
I won't lie to you, I feel pretty stupid now.

I had to buy an hdmi cable (it didn't have vga), but it worked perfectly. That was something nobody ever taught me before (frankly, I didn't even realize it had cable ports.......)

You have my total gratitude! My lil bro will be crazy happy when he gets home 👍.

Status
Not open for further replies.