Problems booting up my computer

PerfectRoll

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
I recently bought a new mobo (Z97-A) and as well as a new CPU (i7 4790k 4.0GHz). I installed all the drivers for the mobo and stuff and lately I've been having problems resuming windows from sleep mode. Sometimes my monitor says No Signal then Digital Input and again no signal until it finally starts after maybe ~5 minutes. Other times, my computer starts, then turns off after 2 seconds, and turns on again and it brings me to the screen asking me if i want to run repairs or start windows normally. I just keep on trying and it eventually does work, but it's something that concerns me a lot. Also, on start-up, I usually get these errors:

AsusSetup
"Can't find target .ini: D:\Drivers\MEI\Install\AsusSetup64.ini

OR

EPU-4 Engine
"EAcessViolation"

Any help would be appreciated. I can't figure out why all of this is occuring. I double checked the wiring and everything is where it needs to be.

Specs:
i7 4790k @ 4.0GHz
EVGA GTX 770
8gb RAM
Z97-A Motherboard

Solution
Ensure that all cables, DIMM's and video card are actually seated/inserted properly.

Having had similar issues with my computer, it might be that the PSU is just beginning to fail. The best way to check this is to try another known working PSU (at hand or borrow one).
Ensure that all cables, DIMM's and video card are actually seated/inserted properly.

Having had similar issues with my computer, it might be that the PSU is just beginning to fail. The best way to check this is to try another known working PSU (at hand or borrow one).

Solution

PerfectRoll

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015

That's a possibility, I guess, but I'd prefer to get more input/solutions before I go ahead and try out a new power supply. Don't have an extra one anyways, so unless I'm 100% that's what's causing the problems, I think I'll just wait for more input from others. Thanks, though! Hopefully I sort this crap out soon, it's really frustrating :'(

PerfectRoll

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Also, this wasn't on a fresh computer. I didn't reformat my computer or anything. I just literally upgraded the two components. Could it be that the old mobo drivers are interfering?

Perhaps, ideally, the boot/operating system drive should be wiped clean, reformatted, and then the OS reinstalled, new motherboard chipset drivers reinstalled, video card and other drivers reinstalled after. This will eliminate any conflict between old and new drivers.

Could try CCleaner and a registry cleaner to help find and delete unused/unwanted files. But, the cleaners do not always accurately distinguish between important files to keep and irrelevant files. You have to be careful not to delete important/needed files. Some judgement is required to determine which files are still needed and which other files are not needed.

PerfectRoll

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015

Yeah, reformating the computer seems to be the only solutions as of now. I guess I'll give that a shot and come back with results. Thanks a bunch, guys.