Question Problems Running Grand Theft Auto V

Apr 12, 2019
I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop With a 940MX , i7-7500u and 4GB DDR4 RAM

And I have problems running Grand Theft Auto v . Content creators on Youtube has made videos of them playing GTA V with the same rig i have and they have 30+ fps with ultra settings . I have all my settings are set at the lowest possible w/ some tweaks in the game files and i get 30+ FPS which is Okay w/ me but i experience insane and massive FPS drops. I've tried using a FPS limiter but none of them has worked so far . i hope you can assist me with this problem i have . Thanks for Reading .

:space:
35b9ff-20170402074445_1.jpg

boju

Titan
Ambassador
YouTube videos can be unreliable because you wouldn't know the full extent how they've optimised Windows and graphics driver settings.

This software can be used to free up system resources by temporarily disabling unimportant services. Might help.

https://winaero.com

Ideally, gta5 would perform better with 8GB of ram. Windows already consumes between 2~3GB, doesn't really leave much does it.

I've tried using a FPS limiter but none of them has worked so far
What did you limit your FPS to?
Since you can get 30FPS you should limit at 30FPS at the most and work your way DOWN one step at a time.
Youtubers running the game at ultra is not by mistake ultra settings slow the game down enough to deal with a lot of the drops.
All this happens because the main thread of the game is given a high priority which tells windows to not work on any other thread while the main thread is still running.
You can tweak the threads on your own but since rockstar banns people for practically anything I would not recommend you to try this,especially not on line.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DQl_VRiPw

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Give me some time to fire up Adobe and I can make a video showing how to run Battlefield V on an Atari 2600.

Terry's advice is good, start at 30 and work your way from there. Realistically, your lack of RAM is going to be a significant roadblock, though you'll be hampered by your other parts as well.