problems signing in automatically

I am having an intermittent issue signing in automatically to Windows
Messenger 5.1.0680. Sometimes when I turn on my computer, WM automatically
signs in, but most of the time it does not. I do not have MSN Messenger
installed as far as I know (it is not listed in add/remove programs although
I didn't install MSN Explorer expressly and somehow that got installed on my
computer). I am using Windows XP Professional with ALL available updates
from Microsoft Update installed. I am using Norton Internet Security 2005.
I have a Pentium 4 CPU, 2.40GHz, 704 MB RAM (this is a laptop).

I have checked the WM options/preferences and "Run Windows Messenger when
Windows starts" IS checked. I DO prefer that it start automatically, but
like I stated, most of the time it doesn't. Could you please help me resolve
this issue? It's really irritating me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

sorry! I forgot to mention that I tried the fixauto.reg and rebooted. That
didn't work for me...upon rebooting, I still had to sign in manually.

"mickey71" wrote:

> I am having an intermittent issue signing in automatically to Windows
> Messenger 5.1.0680. Sometimes when I turn on my computer, WM automatically
> signs in, but most of the time it does not. I do not have MSN Messenger
> installed as far as I know (it is not listed in add/remove programs although
> I didn't install MSN Explorer expressly and somehow that got installed on my
> computer). I am using Windows XP Professional with ALL available updates
> from Microsoft Update installed. I am using Norton Internet Security 2005.
> I have a Pentium 4 CPU, 2.40GHz, 704 MB RAM (this is a laptop).
>
> I have checked the WM options/preferences and "Run Windows Messenger when
> Windows starts" IS checked. I DO prefer that it start automatically, but
> like I stated, most of the time it doesn't. Could you please help me resolve
> this issue? It's really irritating me.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm also experiencing this problem and it is A. pissing me off and B.
freaking me out.

P:)

"mickey71" wrote:

> I am having an intermittent issue signing in automatically to Windows
> Messenger 5.1.0680. Sometimes when I turn on my computer, WM automatically
> signs in, but most of the time it does not. I do not have MSN Messenger
> installed as far as I know (it is not listed in add/remove programs although
> I didn't install MSN Explorer expressly and somehow that got installed on my
> computer). I am using Windows XP Professional with ALL available updates
> from Microsoft Update installed. I am using Norton Internet Security 2005.
> I have a Pentium 4 CPU, 2.40GHz, 704 MB RAM (this is a laptop).
>
> I have checked the WM options/preferences and "Run Windows Messenger when
> Windows starts" IS checked. I DO prefer that it start automatically, but
> like I stated, most of the time it doesn't. Could you please help me resolve
> this issue? It's really irritating me.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

TRENDING THREADS