Problems Windows Installer & Add Remove

thorrrr

Hi

Please can somebody help me? I am having problems with Win XP Pro SP2 in
relation to the Add Remove function in the control panel. I have several
programmes listed that will not allow me to remove them! When I click on
programmes I get an option to remove them which is the correct function but
I have about 10 programmes that do not allow me to do this. Is there anyway
I can repair this problem, I guess it something to do with a Windows
Installer problem and my registry (I think so)

But Restore offers no solution nor does any registry mechanic my system is
fine so I do not want to install again.

Cheers Dale

Some programs do this on purpose.

Some applications in Add/Remove Programs list are missing Change and Remove
buttons
http://www.winxptutor.com/arpbuttons.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ufTqqc7sFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Thorrrr <thorrrr@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eQ6g7c7sFHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Thorrrr <thorrrr@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> Hi
>
> Please can somebody help me? I am having problems with Win XP Pro SP2 in
> relation to the Add Remove function in the control panel. I have several
> programmes listed that will not allow me to remove them! When I click on
> programmes I get an option to remove them which is the correct function
> but I have about 10 programmes that do not allow me to do this. Is there
> anyway I can repair this problem, I guess it something to do with a
> Windows Installer problem and my registry (I think so)
>
> But Restore offers no solution nor does any registry mechanic my system is
> fine so I do not want to install again.
>
> Cheers Dale

Malke

Thorrrr wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please can somebody help me? I am having problems with Win XP Pro SP2
> in relation to the Add Remove function in the control panel. I have
> several programmes listed that will not allow me to remove them! When
> I click on programmes I get an option to remove them which is the
> correct function but I have about 10 programmes that do not allow me
> to do this. Is there anyway I can repair this problem, I guess it
> something to do with a Windows Installer problem and my registry (I
> think so)
>
> But Restore offers no solution nor does any registry mechanic my
> system is fine so I do not want to install again.
>
> Cheers Dale

Give us a few examples of the programs that don't have a Remove button.
The option to show the Remove button is programmed into the
installation routine and can be changed in the registry. Most commonly
you find this behavior on malware programs, but recently Dell was doing
this with their repellent MySearchBar cr*p. So let us know what you've
got and we can give you removal instructions.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com