Question Problems with BSOD

Aug 21, 2020
Hey guys!

I recently built a new computer in January this year and pretty much from the very beginning I've been having problems with my computer getting BSOD and crashing. The sad thing about it is that I'm not able to elicit the BSOD myself so I'm pretty much clueless where it comes from. I've been posting my Minidump files on Microsoft forum and some guy pointed out that they are indicating RAM corruption and something wrong with CPU.

My setup is the following:
Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Vengeance
Intel Core i5 9600K 3.7 GHz 9MB
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB ARMOR OC
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
Corsair Force MP510B 480GB
Windows 10, Home Edition.

I'm not using any overclock on neither CPU or RAM and I've been keeping track of the temperatures and the CPU is on 45~ in load and 30~ standard and GPU is something alike. I've also read the motherboard guide to make sure that the RAM's are in the right slots.

From the start I thought that the BSOD's only came when I was gaming (World of Warcraft, Rocket League and Apex) but I've had BSOD several times while only having my browser + spotify up. One thing that I noticed is that the BSOD have only been comming while I've been using the computer and never when I've had it on for let's say 12 hours during the night. Sometimes the BSOD comes once every second week and sometimes a couple of times a day.

BSOD codes I've gotten:
machine-check exception
whea uncorrecatble error
irql not less or equal
system service exception
and several more

In some of the cases before the computer crashed the mouse started lagging and I got a warning dialogue saying something like "The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The required data was not placed into~"

I've also let the motherboard, CPU and RAM into to the shop where I bought the parts from for troubleshooting and they had WoW and Youtube on for two days without reproducing the BSOD which was really sad for me. That left me to think that my GPU might be the problem but when I used it on my old computer it worked fine for several weeks.

What I've done to troubleshoot:
Been running Intel Diagnostic tools on processor several times without getting any errors.
Been testing harddrive both with chkdsk and corsairs own tools with no errors.
Been running Memtest86 on both RAM's and one at a time for some hours without getting any errors.
Been running Hot CPU tester free edition without any errors.
Reinstalled clean Windows 10 installation several times.
Some day ago I tried using Verifier to stress the drivers. That produced BSOD after a little while and pretty much messed up the computer, making me unable to start it, forcing me to go into safe boot to not get BSOD while starting up Windows. I didn't get any crashes in safe mode though.
I've installed latest drivers for motherboard aswell.

Here are some links with different Minidumps I got from some of the BSOD's:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNuUH6SsbPkX1B49-_oe2SHlY-BVZ9ef/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y-zTDrFRwvN7C7ZgdJiokz0Y0cAbPGeY/view?usp=sharing

I'm so sick of these problems and I'm out of ideas of what to do. I would really appreciate to get some feedback on this.

Best regards,
Robin

Last edited:
First thing I'd check is if there are a newer Bios update available. Have a look at Asus web site.

Also - when you're visiting Asus web site - see if you can find a list of known good RAM sticks - just to be sure that the particular kind of ram is actually compatible to the mobo.

A third thing people tend not to think much about is how good is the electrical grid in your area? You probably have no means of knowing this, but it may explain why the computer was acting so much more stable at the shop (big malls are usually located closer to the local power company's transformer and the grid there are probably much harder to make unstable).

Aug 21, 2020
Hey Grobe,

Thanks for taking time to responding :)

I updated the bios yesterday and still I got a bluescreen today already, and the RAM sticks are in the list of compatible RAM's.

That's an interesting thought but I don't think that seems to be the problem in my case, since I never got it on my old computer.

For some weeks I used my old computer with my new graphic card that I listed in the thread and I got no bluescreens at all. So the graphic card doesn't seem to be the issue neither. The things left that might the problem are the chassi, motherboard, RAM and CPU. Both RAM and CPU are doing fine while I test them with Memtest86 and Intel diagnostic tools.