[SOLVED] Problems with installing GTX660 on Windows 10 Machine

Alvysyngr

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (old and new), I used "Display Driver Uninstaller", tried safe mode, etc etc - I am lost! The card will only show at 600x800

Could there be a compatiability issue with my hardware?
ASUS PRIME B450M-A Motherboard (2409 BIOS just updated)
Ryzen 5 2600

Please let me know what you think or if this is a lost cause - thx

Solution
I bought it used from eBay and the seller didn't even argue about a return

Looking closer there looks like a good amount of corrosion on the board so I think the card is dead -

I guess I will roll the die again and see if I can find a GTX660 (or something similarly inexpensive) that works
Glad you were able to contact the seller.
Be aware that besides getting not working parts, you might get old failing or fake ones.
There are many fake GPUs available on eBay and other similar websites.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (old and new), I used "Display Driver Uninstaller", tried safe mode, etc etc - I am lost! The card will only show at 600x800

Ryzen 5 2600

There shouldnt be any compatibility issues. I have used cards as old as a Geforce 9600GT which is way, way older than yours with a Ryzen 5 3600, so no.

- What OS are you using? (yes I know it sounds silly but some people still using Windows 7/8/8.1 )

- Whats the brand and model of the GTX 660?

- Whats your monitor (display) brand and model?

- What cable (VGA, HDMI, DP) are you using to plug it into the monitor?; Are you using any video Adapter ( if so what kind? ) ?

- Whats the brand and model of your PSU?

Ryzen 5 2600

Is the GPU new or used?
What's the brand and where did you get it?

Alvysyngr

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
There shouldnt be any compatibility issues. I have used cards as old as a Geforce 9600GT which is way, way older than yours with a Ryzen 5 3600, so no.

- What OS are you using? (yes I know it sounds silly but some people still using Windows 7/8/8.1 )
Windows 10 64bit Pro - updates are all installed

- Whats the brand and model of the GTX 660?
EVGA Geforce GTX660

- Whats your monitor (display) brand and model?
Tried a couple
Acer with DVI
Samsung DVi and HDMI

- What cable (VGA, HDMI, DP) are you using to plug it into the monitor?; Are you using any video Adapter ( if so what kind? ) ?
No Adapter
- Whats the brand and model of your PSU?
Thermaltake TR2 430W

I think the card is dead - I bought it used from eBay and the seller didn't even argue about a return

Alvysyngr

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
Is the GPU new or used?
What's the brand and where did you get it?

Looking closer there looks like a good amount of corrosion on the board so I think the card is dead -

I guess I will roll the die again and see if I can find a GTX660 (or something similarly inexpensive) that works

Reactions: RodroX

Glad you were able to contact the seller.
Be aware that besides getting not working parts, you might get old failing or fake ones.
There are many fake GPUs available on eBay and other similar websites.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS