[SOLVED] Problems with OS from HDD to SSD

BWG Riot

Honorable
Jul 5, 2017
Hey everyone! I havent posted in here in awhile but i have a major headache when it comes to Windows 10. So heres my problem... i have no idea how to make my SSD my boot drive. Ive followed linus tech tips and did everything he said and it didnt work. Ive also tried cloning my drive and transferring the OS to the cloned SSD but when i try to do that the program tries to copy all of my files from the HDD to the SSD. Of course, this is an issue because my HDD has 400 GB worth of programs and files on there and my SSD is only 250 GB. Im not trying to move all the files, im just trying to move the OS so that the SSD is the boot drive and my HDD is my storage drive. Any help is appreciated and thanks for the help in advance!

Solution
Im not trying to move all the files, im just trying to move the OS so that the SSD is the boot drive and my HDD is my storage drive.
That's not really possible (unless OS is located in a separate partition away from user data).
For cloning to be possible, used space on source OS partition has to be smaller than target drive.
You can move user data (videos, music, docs, game libraries) away to a different drive, uninstall some software to reduce amount of used space.

If you can't reduce amount of space used, then either do clean install or get a bigger SSD.

Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
Im not trying to move all the files, im just trying to move the OS so that the SSD is the boot drive and my HDD is my storage drive.
That's not really possible (unless OS is located in a separate partition away from user data).
For cloning to be possible, used space on source OS partition has to be smaller than target drive.
You can move user data (videos, music, docs, game libraries) away to a different drive, uninstall some software to reduce amount of used space.

If you can't reduce amount of space used, then either do clean install or get a bigger SSD.

Solution

BWG Riot

Honorable
Jul 5, 2017

Ok, so basically my only way of making my SSD the boot drive is if i do a clean install?