Problwm with S2468UNG

The problems started with the machine rebooting while Windows was starting
up, so I presumed that it was hard disk, so I swapped it out.
Now when I power on my machine the fans start, but the screen doesn't
display anything and pressing, say, the Caps Lock key the LED doesn't come
on.
I've disconnected each one of the drives, one by one until I only have the
floppy connected. Still, the same problem.
Any suggestions?

"Austin Powers" <austinpowers@pobox.com> wrote in message
> The problems started with the machine rebooting while Windows was starting
> up, so I presumed that it was hard disk, so I swapped it out.

Why?

> Now when I power on my machine the fans start, but the screen doesn't
> display anything and pressing, say, the Caps Lock key the LED doesn't come
> on.
> I've disconnected each one of the drives, one by one until I only have the
> floppy connected. Still, the same problem.
> Any suggestions?

It's broken?

Windows 3.11 doesn't like SCSI hard drives sometimes so this could be the
issue... Then again maybe not. How about some details?

I presumed that when Windows XP Pro would reboot while booting (even in safe
mode) that either a) there was a bad section on the drive or, b) that
Windows XP Pro was corrupted. I figured putting in a new drive and
installing XP Pro onto it would sort things out. It didn't.

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message

> "Austin Powers" <austinpowers@pobox.com> wrote in message
>> The problems started with the machine rebooting while Windows was
>> starting
>> up, so I presumed that it was hard disk, so I swapped it out.
>
> Why?
>
>> Now when I power on my machine the fans start, but the screen doesn't
>> display anything and pressing, say, the Caps Lock key the LED doesn't
>> come
>> on.
>> I've disconnected each one of the drives, one by one until I only have
>> the
>> floppy connected. Still, the same problem.
>> Any suggestions?
>
> It's broken?
>
> Windows 3.11 doesn't like SCSI hard drives sometimes so this could be the
> issue... Then again maybe not. How about some details?

I doubt it has anything to do with the hard disk. Hard disk failures
don't generally cause a reboot. They tend to crash and hang or not
boot at all.

RAM would be something to check out. Run some RAM tests from a floppy.
The BIOS test is not that great.

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:38:39 GMT, "Austin Powers"
<austinpowers@pobox.com> wrote:

>The problems started with the machine rebooting while Windows was starting
>up, so I presumed that it was hard disk

rs

You'll wanna get this machine bare. One stick memory, Vid Card.

Right now your getting the classic 'no post'. Typical causes for this.
Flakey Power supply, Bad memory, kaput video or kaput processor. Get it down
to one stick, and vid. See if it posts. If not, try another memory stick,
then try one processor, first one then the other. Its a slow and annoying
process, but its the only way.