Question Processor Running but Display, Mouse and Keyboard not working

bala_4370

Honorable
Apr 7, 2018
Dear All,

My system suddenly did not show anything in monitor and Mouse, Keyboard as well did not work, but the Processor is running. I did all basic troubleshooting like removing and fitting the RAM, removing the CMOS battery and putting it back - Nothing worked.

Later I replaced the CMOS battery with a new one and now it is booting into BIOS setting, I changed the Date and time and when I click on Save and Exit, it goes blank again and the monitor, mouse and keyboard dont work.

Again if I remove the battery and fit it again, the same thing happens.

Please help.

Santhosh.

statistx

Commendable
Jul 16, 2019
Dear All,

My system suddenly did not show anything in monitor and Mouse, Keyboard as well did not work, but the Processor is running. I did all basic troubleshooting like removing and fitting the RAM, removing the CMOS battery and putting it back - Nothing worked.

Later I replaced the CMOS battery with a new one and now it is booting into BIOS setting, I changed the Date and time and when I click on Save and Exit, it goes blank again and the monitor, mouse and keyboard dont work.

Again if I remove the battery and fit it again, the same thing happens.

Please help.

Santhosh.

I thought this was my thread, cause i have the same issue.
Not sure if it helps for you, guess since you removed the CMOS you already did that, but USUALLY it works if I unplug everything including power, then wait for a good 10-20 minutes, plug everything back in and boot again.
Not sure what it is, I am now replacing my MOBO, cause that seems to be the most likely culprit, but you can go here and see if anything from my thread helps: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...en-suddenly-the-issue-is-there-again.3743922/

bala_4370

Honorable
Apr 7, 2018
I thought this was my thread, cause i have the same issue.
Not sure if it helps for you, guess since you removed the CMOS you already did that, but USUALLY it works if I unplug everything including power, then wait for a good 10-20 minutes, plug everything back in and boot again.
Not sure what it is, I am now replacing my MOBO, cause that seems to be the most likely culprit, but you can go here and see if anything from my thread helps: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...en-suddenly-the-issue-is-there-again.3743922/

Thanks, will try disconnecting all cables, powercord etc and try again. But I need a solution as I do not have money to buy new components :(

TRENDING THREADS