Product Key for win -xp HOME EDITION

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
If you have CD with no Key, then you can retrieve the key from the CD itself.

Unhide all hidden folders.

Browse for search for unattend.txt in the XP CD. It will be under uswxp32_zp folder . . . . . or try i386 folder.

the 25 number key will be there.

@dickysolo....

Use the sample key in the unattend.txt file? Yea, right...

Laugh.gif

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Ofcourse it only works if your cd is used for unattended installs. Which means that it installs itself with predefined settings in the unattended.txt. And you have to put the code in there.

Else use Use keyfinder (magical jelly bean) as mentioned by @ksiemb

You can try belarc too....but all these are for installed machines...

No XP Home system would be used with the unattended method of setup. In fact, the only systems that are are those that are used by power users that build systems all day long or corporate builds.

While a neat way of finding the key used in a setup, the chances of finding it on a disk that someone has is maybe 1/2 of 1%. It would be like saying to someone that is only takes 10 hours to drive cross-country, that is if you have a Lambo and drive it at max speed the whole way.

Go read the reviews at that site. There are some that claim the sample key worked... I'd like to see that. Others are truthful and expose that it is a sample of a key, not a real key.

If anyone can post that they have the same key in the unattend.txt file as that printed on their COA, I think they should go straight out and blow all their money on Lottery tickets.

In the UK the odd against winning the jackpot is a mere fourteen million to one - I don't think the odds against those keys matching can possibly be computed. :D

Latest posts