[SOLVED] Program that require internet doesnt work but browser does

Jan 15, 2020
Programs that require internet connection like Steam, Origin and Discord will not work most of the time but when it does, I still DC. My browser works fine along with going on other websites and it say I have internet connection. I have tried putting in commands like:
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
ipconfig reset
ipconfigf release

But it still doesn't work, I've tried resetting modem, calling ISP to reset their modem, scan to see if I have a virus (which it say I don't), uninstall and reinstall drivers, disable firewall and did a network reset but it still doesn't work. Any advice would be helpful thanks.

Solution
Generally this is a firewall. Windows if it thinks you are on a public network will limit the connectivity to pretty much just web surfing. BUT you say you have already tried disabling the firewall so I don't know. Could be other software in the pc I guess but I am not sure what. Maybe the router but generally it is not a default option in the router.
Generally this is a firewall. Windows if it thinks you are on a public network will limit the connectivity to pretty much just web surfing. BUT you say you have already tried disabling the firewall so I don't know. Could be other software in the pc I guess but I am not sure what. Maybe the router but generally it is not a default option in the router.

Solution