[SOLVED] Programs Can't Access Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

smmm

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I just installed unactivated Windows 10 on a used PC. There’s this weird issue where some programs can’t access internet or seem to download anything. For example, in Firefox, I can view and access websites, but if it try to download something from a website, I click save file, and the download instantly fails. Also, in Nvidia GeForce Experience, if I try to download new drivers, it says it can’t connect to the internet. I’ve been using Edge to download everything, which seems to be the only thing that works. On Steam, I can view the store, but if I go to download a game, it seems to start to download, but then the network and disk graphs drop off, goes to 0.0 mb/s, and the download seems to stop. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

smmm

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I uninstalled Firefox and GeForce Experience. I reinstalled a newer version of GeForce Experience (I had accidentally gotten an old one) and replaced Firefox with Chrome. Beforehand, I tried reinstalling Firefox with no success.
Now I can successfully download files with Chrome and GeForce Experience has no connection issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS