Prolink 6600GT AGP DEAD!!!!!!!!

I ran my pc all day yesterday and it was fine (earth 2160 - great fun), and i came back to it today and turned my pc back on and it turns on and loads windows (hdd lead flashes) but no signal on screen, i tried the card in another machine and same thing - windows loads but nothing on screen.

The card used to overheat to 93 before i got a masive zalman cooler (and tt slim ram sinks) and now it doesnt get to 70, and i overclocked it from 500/900 to 550/1100 and its been workin fine.

The card its self is about 13 months old.

Has anyone had any history with Prolink & returns? and is there anything i can do that might get this thing workin again - i cant afford another $250 AUD for another one (or a new system rather then another outdated agp card).

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I ran my pc all day yesterday and it was fine (earth 2160 - great fun), and i came back to it today and turned my pc back on and it turns on and loads windows (hdd lead flashes) but no signal on screen, i tried the card in another machine and same thing - windows loads but nothing on screen.

The card used to overheat to 93 before i got a masive zalman cooler (and tt slim ram sinks) and now it doesnt get to 70, and i overclocked it from 500/900 to 550/1100 and its been workin fine.

Has anyone had any history with Prolink & returns? and is there anything i can do that might get this thing workin again - i cant afford another $250 AUD for another one (or a new system rather then another outdated agp card).

Well, is that Zalman fan running when you turn either of your machines on?

eh? of course its running and it runs direct from a 3pin fan header (so at max - 12v).

out of interest, i took the hsf off and booted the system for 5 seconds and the gpu didnt generate any heat so now power to the GPU.

The thing workd fine yesterday and now it wont show anything on screen on my dual crt setup, but it does boot into windows on 2 machines (cause i can press the power button and windows will shut its self down).

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
eh? of course its running and it runs direct from a 3pin fan header (so at max - 12v).

out of interest, i took the hsf off and booted the system for 5 seconds and the gpu didnt generate any heat so now power to the GPU.

The thing workd fine yesterday and now it wont show anything on screen on my dual crt setup, but it does boot into windows on 2 machines (cause i can press the power button and windows will shut its self down).

Hrm, that is odd that you can get past the windows load screen. You say you can see windows loading up? If so, I'm almost tempted to think that it could be a driver issue somehow. I had that problem a number of times on older systems. Did the other system you put it into have more than 1 monitor?

IT AINT DRIVERS I GET NOTHING ON SCREEN NOT EVEN THE BIOS SCREEN FOR VGA OR MOBO AND NOTHING OUT OF EITHER CRT OR DVI

all im wondering is there a common thing im not aware of bout it i might be missin like a mod or a fuse or something, and also some details bout waranty claim and experience with prolink and returns via them.

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
K, dude. I realize your frustrated, but there's no point in wiggin out at someone trying to help you.

Your card is probably just fried anyhow. That's the risk you take when you overclock; moderate temps or not.

i actually polished the gold fingers with brasso and metho'd them incase it was and it wasnt, and iv tried the card in 2 systems and no luck.

I even removed both coolers to check wether any arctic silver might have gotton onto the resistors and shorted anything but no such luck.

Im thinkin the ~9 months the thing ran too hot (stock cooler was crap) might have somethin to do with it.

I posted here incase its some common thing thats fixable like a fuse, anyhow, thanks for the help.

Sorry if i got frustrated - i cant really afford to replace the card and its 1 month out of waranty!!!!!!!!

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
i actually polished the gold fingers with brasso and metho'd them incase it was and it wasnt, and iv tried the card in 2 systems and no luck.

I even removed both coolers to check wether any arctic silver might have gotton onto the resistors and shorted anything but no such luck.

Im thinkin the ~9 months the thing ran too hot (stock cooler was crap) might have somethin to do with it.

I posted here incase its some common thing thats fixable like a fuse, anyhow, thanks for the help.

Sorry if i got frustrated - i cant really afford to replace the card and its 1 month out of waranty!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck finding something new.

blowfish

Distinguished
May 1, 2005

did u go into windows safe mode or hit the keystrokes to disable the videocard overclocking?
just checkin....

Vascular

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Just for clarification you are using the computer right now with the old 5600. Your card is dead if it doesnt work in another system and your system runs with a different card.

I would try and warranty it. Register it maybee a little loose with the purchase date nudge nudge. After that call or email them, most manufactures are not stone giants and are willing to make the customer happy. Worth a shot.
http://www.prolink.com.tw/member/regedit.asp

Also for the life of me I can find the actually warranty length are you certain its one year?