Ps2 Vs USB in a Cordless Mouse, whats best.

Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?

Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks.

Philo

"Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
> is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?
>
> Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
> problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.

as far as performance ...i;ve never seen a difference between USB & ps/2
however i always go with ps/2 ...why waste a USB port just for a mouse.

as far as cordless mice...unless you get one that has a recharging
stand...they are very annoying ...the battery life is *extremely* poor!

jad

dont tie up USB if you don't have to.

"Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
> is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?
>
> Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
> problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.
>
> Your thoughts ?
>
> Thanks.

philo - typed:
> "Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>

>> Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
>> is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?
>>
>> Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
>> problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.
>>

> as far as performance ...i;ve never seen a difference between USB &
> ps/2 however i always go with ps/2 ...why waste a USB port just for a
> mouse.
> as far as cordless mice...unless you get one that has a recharging
> stand...they are very annoying ...the battery life is *extremely*
> poor!

/Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2 still
shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I personally
wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs & enabling resume
from Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2 ports is usually less of
an issue than from USB. Latency on USB might be an issue under certain
circumstances. I have run both from USB but not long enough to notice
any difference.

--
The map is not the territory

Philo

> /Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2 still
> shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I personally
> wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs & enabling resume from
> Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2 ports is usually less of an
> issue than from USB. Latency on USB might be an issue under certain
> circumstances. I have run both from USB but not long enough to notice any
> difference.

i have tried both a logitech and a microsoft cordless mouse,
with the best batteries avail...and i was lucky if i got a month out of
them!
the kind with the recharger cradle would be what i'd do if i were to get
another

> --
> The map is not the territory

philo - typed:
>> /Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2
>> still shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I
>> personally wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs &
>> enabling resume from Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2
>> ports is usually less of an issue than from USB. Latency on USB
>> might be an issue under certain circumstances. I have run both from
>> USB but not long enough to notice any difference.
>

> i have tried both a logitech and a microsoft cordless mouse,
> with the best batteries avail...and i was lucky if i got a month out
> of them!
> the kind with the recharger cradle would be what i'd do if i were to
> get another
>>
>> --
>> The map is not the territory

Before this MS model, I had a Logitech Mouseman Optical who's battery
life was terrible - about a month if lucky. It was also uncomfortable to
use by a southpaw like me. My only remaining issue with mice is that
they should have ball bearings & not silly pads on the bottom to reduce
stiction. The mouse I have states 6 months battery life & it looks like
that will be exceeded. Having NmH batteries included & a charging cradle
is another option - especially if it takes its power from the PS/2 port.
I did find that putting AA NiCads in the Mouseman pretty pointless. The
current MS cordless also uses AA & not their small siblings. I also like
the left/right scrolling function, if not the indentless scrolling of
the wheel itself.

My brother can't get his mouse to wake his PC if connected to a USB
port, despite the jumper being set to 5VSB, Legacy USB mouse being
checked then unchecked in the bios & the settings in Device Manager
being toggled for USB devices.

If my mouse's battery life was only 3 months, I'd still be more than
happy. I would be very surprised if you only got a month's use from MS
model I have - cheap as well. My next k/b will be cordless but the
current MS models are far too deep - my MS Office k/b takes up far too
much desk real estate for my liking. Battery life on cordless k/bs isn't
an issue of course. I wouldn't bother with the expense or pairing
complexity of a Bluetooth mouse personally & IIRC, still need another BT
dongle for other devices - messy.

--
The map is not the territory