PS4 not loading past PS logo

StarBlazer457

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
Hey, my cousin's PS4 will not load past the PS logo on startup. He said his PS4 would start to freeze while playing and required "forceful" power off. Every time you'd try to start it, it would check "system storage status", so I figured some files got corrupted that was preventing it. I booted it into safe mode to 'Rebuild Database' and still did the same thing. Since that didn't work, I tried to factory reset it using the 'Initialize PS4' in safe mode, same result. I took it home with me so I could wipe it and reformat it by mounting it in my PC. I scanned for bad sectors before reformating and it had a couple of bad sectors, according to AOMEI's Partition software, but after I cleaned and reformated it, they were gone. The HDD worked fine in my PC.

I put the hard drive back in the PS4 and installed the OS using USB flash drive, which went through fine just like the rest, and it still would not boot past the logo. I'm not sure what else to try, so any help would be appreciated!

StarBlazer457

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
I think its a HDD issue.

Try another known good hard drive or a new drive. Eliminate your options. Do you have BLOD (Blinking blue light of death) by chance?

I'm thinking of trying my PS4 HDD in it. The light kind of fades a little bit on startup but I believe that's normal behavior.