[SOLVED] PS5 Intake vent covered with mesh net for dust filter?

rawfiul

Reputable
Apr 14, 2018
PC Cabinet fans got those dust filter mesh net, can i manually paste them on my PS5's intake grill/vent ?

Will that affect cooling a lot ?

Solution
PC Cabinet fans got those dust filter mesh net, can i manually paste them on my PS5's intake grill/vent ?

It won't really affect cooling. it will stop the dust from going in. So in the long run it will help with keeping the dust out and eventually stop dust from blocking fans but right now you wont see any significant change.

Ferimer

Distinguished

It won't really affect cooling. it will stop the dust from going in. So in the long run it will help with keeping the dust out and eventually stop dust from blocking fans but right now you wont see any significant change.

Solution

rawfiul

Reputable
Apr 14, 2018

thanks a lot for the reply

the mesh net that i will be using will definitely block some air as well

On cabinets the nets are placed right in front of the intake fans but on the PS5, the fan will be 10 cm away from the intake vent

PS5 already has cooling issues (Ram module running near max temps), im being paranoid that my attempt to keep it dust free will backfire