Mar 14, 2019
Hey guys I recently got this PSU some weeks back:
https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-g3-series-220-g3-0650-y1-650w/p/N82E16817438094

EVGA SuperNova with 650W.

My question is how many case fans should this PSU be able to support?

For a bit more explanation, my old PSU died/was on the verge of dying. I didn't trust my self to break something when plugging the new PSU in, so I went to a computer repair shop and asked the guy to put the new one in for me. I left him alone for an hour or two to do it and picked it back up.

I now have 2 case fans connected just fine, and a 3rd case fan that isn't connected at the front. I see the cable isn't connected because I can physically reach it, but I don't see where I can plug it in, if anywhere. So now I'm left wondering if it's possible that the guy I got to put my PSU in just pretended to not see the 3rd fan and stole an extra cable? (Is this even possible?) Or if this PSU just can't support that many case fans. Since he'd have to have unplugged it when taking out the old PSU obviously...

Only reason I suspect something fishy going on is because I brought the new PSU to him in the box unopened and the Newegg website says it comes with a 'free' tester to make sure the PSU works. I never received this item from him, but he did give me the power connecting cable saying 'It was in the box you gave me.' So I can power my rig up, but yeah.

In case my rig's specs matter for this they're from here for the most part: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16883258007
Motherboard: Gigabyte 760G
CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770

Thank you for anyone's replies. I asked here about getting a new GPU because I thought mine was faulty, but people here pointed me to my PSU being an issue. Lo and behold despite multiple computer shops questioning if I was right in the head for getting a new PSU before even going to their shops, it was right on the money. So I'm really grateful to this forum. Have a nice day anyone reading!