[SOLVED] psu crashing crash on load works fine without load

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
hello everyone,

I figured out one thing that psu is faulty in my computer because its working fine with alternative power supply.

i have rm1000x and its crashing on load, sometimes crashes immediately while sometimes it crashes after few minutes.

i don;t have warranty for psu, I just want help here is that if there is some tech special guy who can guide me how to find out faulty component in power supply so that u can repair it myself it would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

hello everyone,

I figured out one thing that psu is faulty in my computer because its working fine with alternative power supply.

i have rm1000x and its crashing on load, sometimes crashes immediately while sometimes it crashes after few minutes.

i don;t have warranty for psu, I just want help here is that if there is some tech special guy who can guide me how to find out faulty component in power supply so that u can repair it myself it would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
It sounds to me that you have a broken capacitor - just RMA the PSU

Or

open up the psu, inspect for bulging capacitors, desolder any bad capacitors from the board - find a capacitor with the same resistances, solder it back on

Pray to the solder gods

test

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
It sounds to me that you have a broken capacitor - just RMA the PSU

Or

open up the psu, inspect for bulging capacitors, desolder any bad capacitors from the board - find a capacitor with the same resistances, solder it back on

Pray to the solder gods

test

I opened it, didn't see any swollen caps. But seems like culprit might be capacitors. Is there any way to test the capacitors without desoldering them one by one?