Question PSU IS BEING NOISY WHAT SHOULD I DO

Jul 9, 2020
Hello guys so my THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W was working perfectly fine then it suddenly started making some weird noises when I play games first it started like fan clicking then other noises started and another weird thing is that when I play demending games the fan start spinning so fast and being noisy so I sent it to the after sale service
the problem is its making these noises only when im playing games not in idlemy question is :
is that just the fan problem or its the psu itself ?
should I get another one if they don't fix it for me ?

There is no "is it just the fan problem" in a power supply. The average user should not attempt to replace parts inside a power supply because there is a very real danger of death in doing so. When something is "wrong" inside a power supply, unless you have extensive experience with repairing electonics, you replace, not fix.

Besides which that Smart RGB unit from Thermaltake wasn't a very good model to begin with. Get a new one, yours is likely all done.

Hello guys so my THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W was working perfectly fine then it suddenly started making some weird noises when I play games first it started like fan clicking then other noises started and another weird thing is that when I play demending games the fan start spinning so fast and being noisy so I sent it to the after sale service
the problem is its making these noises only when im playing games not in idlemy question is :
is that just the fan problem or its the psu itself ?
should I get another one if they don't fix it for me ?

If it's only when the PSU is under load, it's probably not the fan. It's probably the magnetics of the PSU vibrating at an audible frequency. This is not uncommon for cheaper double forward group regulated PSUs like your "Smart".

Nobody is going to "fix" your PSU. They would replace it. Even if you sent it back to Thermaltake, they don't "fix" them.

If you want the problem to go away completely, you buy a better PSU.

Jul 9, 2020
If it's only when the PSU is under load, it's probably not the fan. It's probably the magnetics of the PSU vibrating at an audible frequency. This is not uncommon for cheaper double forward group regulated PSUs like your "Smart".

Nobody is going to "fix" your PSU. They would replace it. Even if you sent it back to Thermaltake, they don't "fix" them.

If you want the problem to go away completely, you buy a better PSU.
Can I just use it for 1 more month so I can save money to get another one ( I won't play demending games so it won't be under load ) the game I play is valorant it only takes 30% from gpu ? will I be safe

Jul 9, 2020
There is no "is it just the fan problem" in a power supply. The average user should not attempt to replace parts inside a power supply because there is a very real danger of death in doing so. When something is "wrong" inside a power supply, unless you have extensive experience with repairing electonics, you replace, not fix.

Besides which that Smart RGB unit from Thermaltake wasn't a very good model to begin with. Get a new one, yours is likely all done.

Can I just use it for 1 more month so I can save money to get another one ( I won't play demending games so it won't be under load ) the game I play is valorant it only takes 30% from gpu ? will I be safe

Jul 9, 2020
A couple things:

1. If it's not the fan, the noise is not harmful. Only annoying.

2. Your PSU has a 5 year warranty. If you can't return it and the noise is really that bad, you should be able to exchange it.
I gave it to the store he sent it to the after sale service and I'm waiting for a reply