Question PSU makes a loud pop when i turn on my AVR

Jun 30, 2019
my PSU makes a loud pop with a spark whenever i turn on my avr, however the PC still works, if i turn off the AVR (after just onning it) and then turn it on back again the pop doesn’t occur, if i wait awhile (few hours) and on it the pop occurs, so my question is, should i replace my psu? i’m aware about the relays getting charged or something like that but i’m still concerned about this and how this can turn to a huge problem in the long run.

pc still works but the popping makes me jump

its a 650w psu
gtx970 strix asus
ryzen 3 2200g

Jun 30, 2019
automatic voltage regulator, it has a switch and has 3 plugs a 110v and 2 220v

the psu came with the case so i know it’s not very good but it says here its a greatwall, it served me a good few years but just started acting up now, i was considering buying a new psu but i had no time nor the money to invest on a better psu, my mistake

Pops and sparks on any electric device is a very bad thing. I would check inside your psu to see if there is any foreign material in there and see if there is a lot of dust. You are putting your pc at great risk for a nominal amount of money for a psu. Although not brand name psu it still would be better than your sparking one. If money is the issue. https://www.amazon.com/Sparkle-Powe...=1561892878&s=gateway&sr=8-25#customerReviews

Reactions: bbjsjs