[SOLVED] PSU making strange noise that I don't think is coil whine.

Mar 7, 2021
I have a corsair cv650 power supply that I have owned for about a month now. During that time its been constantly making a weird noise that I can only describe as something spinning up and then stopping, yet the fan just spins normally. You can hear the noise over the other noises of my pc at about 10 seconds in and from 14 seconds to 16 seconds, as well as from 24 seconds onwards. This sound repeats on and off until I turn my pc off. It's too late for me to return it but as it has a 3 year guarantee I may be able to get it replaced if it is a big problem. It seems to be performing fine, it's just loud and annoying. It could be coil whine, but I have never heard coil whine like this. I could very well be wrong though.

Solution
I have a corsair cv650 power supply that I have owned for about a month now. During that time its been constantly making a weird noise that I can only describe as something spinning up and then stopping, yet the fan just spins normally. You can hear the noise over the other noises of my pc at about 10 seconds in and from 14 seconds to 16 seconds, as well as from 24 seconds onwards. This sound repeats on and off until I turn my pc off. It's too late for me to return it but as it has a 3 year guarantee I may be able to get it replaced if it is a big problem. It seems to be performing fine, it's just loud and annoying. It could be coil whine, but I have never heard coil whine like this. I could very well be wrong though.
Sounds like the normal noises you get when you buy a really cheap power supply.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS